Welcome to my photography blog where I will share with you my photographic efforts and some of the stories behind these photos. I am keen amateur photographer and took up the hobby in September 2011. In November 2012 I self published a charity photographic book on Amazon "Beating Bowel Cancer", which contained my photographic efforts to raise money for the charity of the same name. I enjoy the challenge of learning new techniques and photographic composition. I might not always get it right, but I have great fun trying...

Sunday 8 December 2013

The Best Seat In The House at Henley Royal Regatta


It's always a highlight of my year spending an afternoon at Henley Royal Regatta sitting in the deckchairs watching the rowing. The world gently passes by and work can be pushed aside for a few hours. It seems there is always something new and interesting to observe each year at the regatta. I took this photo back in 2012 when we were blessed with an afternoon of gorgeous sunny weather. The duck in the picture seemed very interested in the rowing as it settled itself in this prime spot close to the finish line and stayed there for ages as the rowers raced past. Not only was it an interesting subject to photograph, but I thought the river provided the perfect backdrop with the sun's sparking reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment