Welcome to my photography blog where I will share with you my photographic efforts and some of the stories behind these photos. I am keen amateur photographer and took up the hobby in September 2011. In November 2012 I self published a charity photographic book on Amazon "Beating Bowel Cancer", which contained my photographic efforts to raise money for the charity of the same name. I enjoy the challenge of learning new techniques and photographic composition. I might not always get it right, but I have great fun trying...

Thursday 5 December 2013

A December Sunrise


The sunrise this morning was quite simply spectacular. It is not often we are treated to such a scene, and at this time of the year the timing is perfect as when I leave my house it is pitch black, but by the time I arrive at work the sun is just rising. Usually I would take a picture with my mobile phone camera, but today I knew it was one of those occasions where the proper camera had to come out to play! There is almost no editing here, just a tweak to the contrast and a touch of sharpening. Most importantly is what you see here is what I was looking at earlier.

I don't think the two dogs were too impressed though as their usual morning stroll was interrupted on three occasions for me to get the camera out. In this 2nd photo I stopped by the finishing lake, which is just behind the units at work.The reflection on the still water was stunning...


When I got out into the back field it was the amazing sky that took over. To be honest as beautiful as the early morning scene was I could have been anywhere photographing this skyscape.


As I move forwards with this I am hoping to include many more photos I take on the day of the blog. Sometimes its refreshing just to take spontaneous photos without too much planning or thought, as in this case the composition obviously took care of itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment