Welcome to my photography blog where I will share with you my photographic efforts and some of the stories behind these photos. I am keen amateur photographer and took up the hobby in September 2011. In November 2012 I self published a charity photographic book on Amazon "Beating Bowel Cancer", which contained my photographic efforts to raise money for the charity of the same name. I enjoy the challenge of learning new techniques and photographic composition. I might not always get it right, but I have great fun trying...

Friday 29 November 2013

Experimenting With Photography... Same Scene 2 Shots


The great thing about digital photography is you can afford to experiment as much as you like. This luxury as opposed to the old style traditional film processing route means the photographer can take as many shots as is required to capture a scene and in as many different ways as they like. Composition is something I have worked very hard on over the last couple of years, trying to put as much thought into my photo taking as I can. These two photos were taken at work in April on one of my daily walks with the dogs when I wanted to photograph the new born lambs. I decided to use the tree right in front of me to provide some contrast to the scene. The first photo I took with the camera focusing on the lambs thereby shifting the tree out of focus, and then I reversed the focus to have it on the tree in the second shot. I was pleased the results and it just was something good to try out seeing just how I differently could capture the same scene. I am not sure how interested the dogs were with all this as it interrupted their walk!


No comments:

Post a Comment