Welcome to my photography blog where I will share with you my photographic efforts and some of the stories behind these photos. I am keen amateur photographer and took up the hobby in September 2011. In November 2012 I self published a charity photographic book on Amazon "Beating Bowel Cancer", which contained my photographic efforts to raise money for the charity of the same name. I enjoy the challenge of learning new techniques and photographic composition. I might not always get it right, but I have great fun trying...

Monday 25 November 2013

Companions In The Bluebells


One of my personal favourite photos I have taken in 2013 is this photo of my two ever present companions at work. On the left we have Storm who is mum, and on the right her son Prince. I am fortunate enough to work out in the countryside between Marlow and Henley so there are ample walking opportunities.

There was an element of risk attached to taking this photo as I had to trust Storm and Prince to sit and not run off! Prince especially would potentially run after anything that moves in the woods. Fortunately he was very well behaved as was Storm who normally hates having her photo taken.

The photo was taken in May with the bluebells out in full bloom and although they only last for a few weeks they are wonderful and my favorite spring flower. There was very little done in the way of editing and this for me is simply a lovely photo of family pets and I have had enlarged copies developed and now just need to find a decent frame and they will take pride of place at home.

The photo below was taken pretty much in the same place and captures more of the bluebells in the stunning location. This is a public footpath, but I think I will keep the exact location to myself! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment